Thursday, March 29, 2012

Watermelon Feta Salad

Now that the weather has been getting so perdy, I have been craving salads and other hot weather food. Finally!! Soups and casseroles are not friendly to my booty, at least not the way I make them! I only wish that more fruits were in season right now. I swear someone got wind that I wanted a fresh peach and decided to make them impossible to find! Grrrr. 


In an effort to not waste one bit of a watermelon I purchased, I made Watermelon Feta Salad, Watermelon Kiwi Pops, and Watermelon Burgers this week. I'll tell you about the pops and burgers later. For now, it's all about salty and sweet Watermelon Feta Salad. I love the combination of strong crumbly cheeses with sweet and sour fruits. You will most definitely see more combinations like this during the upcoming months.  




Watermelon Feta Salad
from The Novice Chef


2 pounds seedless Watermelon, sliced into rounds
1 cup crumbled feta
2 large shallots, sliced
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Balsamic Glaze, for drizzling



Toss feta and sliced shallots together. Lay down a slice of watermelon. Top with the feta/shallot mixture. Add a little fresh ground pepper and a pinch of salt. Drizzle on balsamic glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment