Saturday, June 22, 2013

Peach, Bacon, and Smoked Gouda Grilled Cheese

I just found out that I work next to a magical place named World Market. If you have one in your area, I highly recommend going. You won't be sorry. Just don't go on a twenty minute lunch break and expect to get back to work on time. I b-lined for the food area but I wanted to explore so much more. Happy Hubby has a birthday coming up so I stopped by to get some unique treats. My coworkers are always snacking on fun things from there so I knew it was a foodie's dream. Happy Hubby loved and is continuing to enjoy his basket-o-yummy. His favorite item, you must know, were these:



I know I have seen them in other stores before, but I never though to buy them. Happy Hubby puts Sriracha on everything. If you see this can, buy them. No joke. Just do it. You won't be sorry. I even love them and I don't normally gravitate towards spicy for a snack. To clarify, they are a flavorful spicy (like Sriracha normally is) but not hot like the Wasabi Peas the same company makes are.

It is officially summer, my friends, and nothing says summer like peaches! I am excited for Southern Illinois Peach season and when I finally get my hands on some, I will be making a not-pie (that will make sense in the future). Until then, I am enjoying the peaches I CAN find...with cheese...and bacon (duh). 





Peach, Bacon, and Gouda Grilled Cheese
slightly adjusted from How Sweet It Is


4 pretzel sandwich rolls
8 ounces smoked gouda cheese, sliced into 8 rounds
4 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and cut into pieces
2 peaches, sliced

Preheat a panini press. Assemble sandwiches by placing a slice of cheese on top of the bread, followed by bacon and peaches, then another slice of cheese on top to act as “glue.” Spray press with cooking spray and put in your sandwiches, cooking for 4-5 minutes until golden brown and cheese is melty. Serve immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment