Saturday, June 29, 2013

Andouille Blue Cheese Sliders

It's almost the 4th of July! What? Wasn't it just snowing the other day? I mean...I'm happy it really wasn't. But when did summer happen? Sorry for using the "S" word so soon. It hurt my soul too when I thought it.

I came across these today and I think they would be awesome in my non-existent backyard. 

They are actually made by Tiki Brand!
 Did anyone else know that there was an actual "Tiki" brand? Did anyone else actually know that they made anything other than the cheap looking Tiki torches from yesteryear? Also, that means that "Tiki" is a "brand eponym" (one thing that stuck from business school). Originally and eponym is used to describe an item that gains its name from the maker. From the Greek "after or upon a name." Sandwich, Frisbee, Braille, and Jacuzzi are all examples of this. A brand eponym, however, describes a brand name of a product that becomes the generic term for that product (or genericizing it). Popular examples include Coke, Swiffer, Kleenex, Jell-O, Band-Aid, and Scotch Tape. We say "I need to buy more Kleenex" not "I need to buy more tissue paper." Or maybe you do.

Now don't I sound smart for once? I promise it will never happen again.

Back to the 4th of July aaaaaaaaaaaaand:

LED CORNHOLE!!!
Between the torches and the glowing Baggo, I am down for a SWEEEEEET 4th. Too bad I don't have either to help me celebrate. Sad face...

You know what I can do (and you should too)? Andouille Blue Cheese Sliders ya'll! These are awesome. Soooo much flavor in these cuties. Happy Hubby and I like a single pickle on it and a squirt of mustard and that's all. The spiciness of the Andouille mixed with the pungent blue cheese is perfectly paired with a single pickle and mustard on a sweet King's Hawaiian Roll. Hello Flavortowne!


Andouille Blue Cheese Sliders

1 lb. ground beef
8 oz. andouille sausage links
5 oz. crumbled blue cheese
1 small shallot, roughly chopped
1 egg
Pickle slices (optional)
Dijion mustard
16 small sweet Hawaiian-style rolls

Salt and Pepper

Preheat the grill to high. Place the sausage and shallot in the food processor. Pulse until finely ground. Add the egg and pulse again.

Pour the sausage mixture into a large bowl, followed by the ground beef, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Mix well then gently mix in the crumbled blue cheese.

Scoop 16 - 1/4 cup portions of meat mixture onto wax paper. Press them flat with the bottom on a glass, then reform the edges so the are tight.

Grill the patties for 2 minutes per side.

Slice the Hawaiian-style rolls in half, spread on some mustard and assemble your burgers.


No comments:

Post a Comment