Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What's Been Keeping Me Busy Lately...

Sorry I have been away. I have been occupied by some exciting things.

I started the first half of last week without the internets. I'm not a big fan of blogging from my phone or tablet, so I waited. Turns out our cable was completely severed.

I have been making use of my Mom's garden bounty. I used Bran Appetit's recipe for Homemade Tomato Paste turning six pounds of tomatoes into two cups of tomato paste. I love that I now have small frozen cubes of fresh tomato paste that I can throw into chili and soups this upcoming winter! 
I made both spicy and dill pickles. They are both refrigerator pickles and I used recipes from Simply Scratch and Buns In My Oven. They were a big hit at a recent family get-together. My cousin took a jar back to college with her.
I finally donated my hair!!! Bye, bye 8 inches! After a lot of research, I decided to donate to Children with Hair Loss. I chose this charity because they actually provide FREE wigs to the children that need them. Now I am torn between growing it back out right away and donating again or enjoying the shortness for a while.
I have our annual family reunion this weekend and it promises to be cray-cray as usual. I will be where cell phones don't work and that is pretty nice once in a while. I hope you have a great Labor Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment