Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Stove Top Roasted Pork with Sweet Peppers

Still a little occupied with the job search. Sorry for the lack of posts. I do have a very exciting interview this coming Friday but that is a secret until I know if I did or didn't get it. Trust me, you will all know when I do.

I made this dish a couple weeks back and I believe it is my first venture with pork loin! It was very tasty and I very much look forward to making it again. I am also a big fan of anything that includes egg noodles. Very comfort foody.



Stove Top Roasted Pork with Sweet Peppers
from Katie's Cucina, who adapted it from Rachael Ray 

3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 boneless pork loin
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups sweet mini bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
4 leaves fresh sage
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth


1. In a 5 quart pan with lid, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Season the pork with salt and pepper and brown on all sides (about 10 minutes). Transfer the pork loin to a plate, and pour off the fat if needed.

2. Add the bell peppers, onion, garlic, sage and remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cover the pan and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened about 8-10 minutes. Add the chopped tomato and broth to the pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
3. Add the pork back to the pan with the sweet pepper mixture, cover and cook over low heat, turning the meat once (cooking time should take about 40 minutes). Using an instant-read thermometer (insert it into the center of the pork it should read at the very minimum 145 degrees although just last year the standard was 165 and that’s what I still go by.).
4. Remove the pan from the stove top. Transfer the pork to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice into 1/4-inch-think pieces and transfer to a platter. Meanwhile, place the vegetables and juices back on the heat and bring to a simmer reducing the sauce. Top the pork with vegetable mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment