Monday, July 1, 2013

Cherry Pie Bars

I couldn't wait to show you anymore. 
...
These are just so gosh dang delicious.
...
I was going to wait until I had fresh peaches to make these and share them with you. 
...
But they are just so gosh dang delicious.
...
And they are perfect for the 4th of July. Cherry pie equals 'Merica.
...
I actually made these Cherry Pie Bars for Father's Day and they were a big hit. We were immediately discussing what other fruits to make this not-pie with. My future choice is going to be Southern Illinois Peaches which I may start seeing in the next few weeks. My mom was also talking about going blueberry picking so that may be a possibility as well. I made them for my dad because cherry pie is one of his ultimate favorites. This just seemed so simple. Pie without the extra work of pie.

Happy Hubby even surprised me by how much he loved them.

SOOOOO GOSH DANG DELICIOUS!!!!

Cherry Pie Bars

1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 (21 ounce) cherry pie filling 2 if you like cherries (highly recommend)

Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 Tbs milk

Cream together butter and sugar.  Add eggs and beat well.  Beat in extracts.

In a separate bowl combine flour and salt.  Add to the creamed mixture.  Mix until combined.

Grease a 15x10x1 pan or 9×13, whichever one you decide to use.  Spread 3 cups batter in a 15x10x1 (Also works with 9×13- baking time will at least be 35 minutes)  Spread with pie filling.  Drop remaining batter on top of pie filling.

Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes clean.  Cool on wire rack.  Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over the bars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment