Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Butter Pecan Ice Cream


I'm going to start sharing my 5 FAVS when I must share with you the stuff I come across.
Starting Now!

1. These Tiny Arcade Machines must make an appearance in my future dream home.

2. This Taylor Swift "22" parody. I'm not 32 yet but I am totally with her on this.

3. Overall Swimsuit from Urban Outfitters! Can I has?
4. Did anyone else know that JK Rowling released a book under a fake name so she could get honest book reviews? I lurve her.
5. I must try this beer! Hell or High Watermelon Beer. Someone please go to San Francisco and bring this back for me!!!


I made homemade butter pecan ice cream for my father-in-law for Father's Day last month and he said it was the best he ever had!! Mind Blown!!! I am not a fan of any form of nut in my desserts so this ice cream isn't anything I would ever gravitate towards. That being said, this was awesome! But don't put any nuts in my brownies...or cookies...or cakes...


Weird coincidence that my mother-in-law bought the same bowls that the Brown Eyed Baker used for her photos. Also, in her link to this recipe, she has a wonderful tutorial of how to make ice cream without an ice cream maker. I used my awesome Kitchenaid Ice Cream Maker Attachment!!

Butter Pecan Ice Cream

1 cup packed light brown sugar
½ cup water
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup chopped toasted pecans

1. Combine the brown sugar, water and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Boil the syrup for 2 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, beat the eggs together in a medium bowl. Slowly beat in the syrup.

3. Cook in a double boiler over, not in, boiling water, stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches 175°F and coats the back of a spoon. Do not allow the mixture to boil. Add the unsalted butter and stir until melted. Strain into a medium bowl and refrigerate until cold.

4. Add the whole milk and vanilla extract and mix well to combine.

5. Beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold it into the egg mixture.

6. Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. Fold in the chopped pecans before transferring ice cram to a container.

No comments:

Post a Comment