I love fish! Especially salmon. I love the taste, the color, and the fact that they swim upstream. More power to you, strong little dudes!
I also love when they are shaped into burgers! Yum!
I paired these lovelies with some homemade "Healthy Fries". Super Yum!
Mini Salmon Burgers
adapted from a recipe in Better Homes & Gardens
(makes 4 regular sized burgers or 6 mini burgers)
1 cup Croutons (or crackers)
1 lb. skinless, boneless salmon fillets
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
6 mini sized ciabatta buns, split
Top with guacamole and Dijon mustard
1. In a food processor, place croutons. Cover and process until coarsely ground. Add half the salmon, the egg, and mustard. Cover and process until salmon is ground and mixture is thoroughly combined. Add remaining salmon. Cover and pulse until slmon is coarsely chopped. Shape mixture into 6 equal patties.
2. Brush patties lightly with olive oil. Grill directly on a greased grill rack or skillet over medium heat 3 minutes per side or until cooked through (160 F).
3. Serve salmon burgers on buns with guacamole and Dijon mustard.
adapted from a recipe in Shape
2 medium russet potatoes
4 teaspoons of canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Cut potatoes lengthwise into roughly 3/8 inch thick slices. Stack slices and cut lengthwise again into sticks to make fries. Fill a large bowl with very hot tap water, add potatoes, and leave to soak for 15 minutes.
2. Gently lift potatoes from water and lay on paper towels; dry thoroughly. Rinse and dry bowl. Add potatoes and oil to bowl; toss well to combine.
3. Arrange potatoes in a single layer over baking sheet(s). Bake for 20 minutes, turn potatoes, and bake for 10 minutes more or until potatoes are cooked through and golden. Sprinkle with seasoned salt, toss, and enjoy!
See you soon with more yum yums!