Monday, February 20, 2012

Strawberry-Cinnamon Frozen Yogurt

I had the bestest birthday ever! My Mom got me a Crockpot (the one thing I did not get as a wedding gift) and my amazing husband got me the Kitchenaid ice cream maker attachment that I have been wanting forever.


We also went to a yummy little place in Naperville, IL called Cookie Dough Creations that serves raw (egg free) cookie dough in scoops. You can mix cookie dough together, with ice cream, in a shake, or put it between two baked cookies! What!?! I know... I got a small half chocolate chip cookie dough (classic) and half Oreo cookie dough! It was delicious, but it was filling! My good friend Leah mixed hers with ice cream and she said it tamed the heavy beast. My other friend, Dane, started sweating but managed to finish his. I stopped at the halfway point and my husband finished his before we had even made a dent like usual. I highly recommend this place and you should check it out if you get a chance.
 http://www.cookiedoughcreations.com/


When I got my ice cream maker attachment, I immediately cleaned it and stuck it in the freezer. 24 hours later, I made this refreshing dessert. It reminds me of a mix between sherbet and a cocktail. I look forward to making this again in the summer for friends and family after a cookout.


So good!

Strawberry-Cinnamon Frozen Yogurt
adapted from a recipe in ReadyMade

3 Cups plain Greek yogurt
1 1/2 Cups sugar
1/4 Cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/8 teaspoon  salt
1 Cup fresh strawberries, quartered and thinly sliced


1. Combine the yogurt, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, lemon zest, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth.


2. Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Add strawberries during the last minute of mixing of mixing in the ice cream maker. Transfer frozen yogurt to an airtight container and place in the freezer for 2 to 4 hours before serving.






You can all look forward to more ice cream recipes soon. I am in love with a frozen bowl that churns dairy products into cold, creamy, awesomeness...

No comments:

Post a Comment