Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Blueberry Lemonade Pops!

I am becoming obsessed with making popsicles (which btw, I am not allowed to call them because it is a brand name). I can be expecting more "ice pop" molds in the mail with a powered citrus juicer soon! Happy Hubs is no longer my power juicer. Don't worry, he still has two important jobs to keep him busy: cheese shredder and getting stuff down from high shelves. I can only carry my step ladder so many places.




Blueberry Lemonade Pops
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup water
4-6 lemons (enough to squeeze 1 1/2 cups of juice)
1 teaspoon of lemon zest
1 cup of blueberries


1. Boil lemon zest, water, and sugar until the sugar dissolves.


2. Strain the boiled sugar water into the lemon juice to eliminate the zest. Stir. (add more sugar if you want it less tart)


3. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.


4. Slice blueberries in half (or keep them whole). Add to the lemonade mixture by hand when it reaches a slushy consistency.


5. Pour into ice pop molds and freeze for at least 4 hours. Makes about 10 ice pops.


*note: I freeze it in the ice cream maker so the fruit doesn't sink to the bottom. You can pour the juice into the molds and still make yummy ice pops without added colors and flavorings like you would find at the store.



No comments:

Post a Comment