Happy Hubs and I celebrated both our one year wedding anniversary and our eight year anniversary! How did we ring it in at midnight you ask? With Taco Bell Dorito Tacos of course!! How else would you celebrate one year of wedded bliss?
And yes we went twice in one week...
Then we celebrated one of our two day festivities at Texas de Brazil where you spend lotsa money to have men in gouchos hand you endless supplies of meat until you burst. Then, since you only ate meat, you are suddenly hungry again two hours later. But, it was worth it. They didn't have my favorite Grape and Gorgonzola Salad at the buffet though...sad face...
The next day we saw Blue Man Group!! Sooooooooooooo much fun!
Then, I made this:
I can proudly say this is not only a "Happy Hubby" recipe. It is also a "Happy Sister-in-Law" recipe too! Yay! It also turned into a Happy-Lunch-the-Next-Couple-of-Days recipe. Which is always a bonus too. They would have preferred it without the peppers. I say, "bring on the peppers!" I'll enjoy them while they push them to the side of the plate.
Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese
13.25 oz. box Pasta (shells, penne, or rotini)
1 lb. cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 small bell peppers, red and yellow, seeded and diced
1 bunch chopped green onions, divided
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup GOOD blue cheese dressing
1/2 – 3/4 cup Buffalo Hot Wing Sauce
3 cups shredded cheese, divided (I used my 7-year aged cheddar, of course)
3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil the pasta in salted water according to package instructions. Drain and transfer to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Add the cooked chicken, chopped bell peppers, 3/4 of the green onions, and 2 1/4 cups of shredded cheese to the baking dish. Mix well.
- Place the garlic, cream cheese, blue cheese dressing and 1/2 cup hot wing sauce in a food processor. Puree until smooth, taste and add another 1/4 cup hot wing sauce if needed. Pour over the pasta and toss.
- Mix the remaining 3/4 cup cheese and the Panko together. Sprinkle over the top of the pasta, then sprinkle with the remaining green onions.
- Bake until golden, approximately 30-40 minutes.
...is there anything better than crunchy-topped baked mac & cheese? I think not...