Thursday, March 22, 2012

Blueberry White Chocolate Blondies

Today I bought these:
...and now my feet are happy...

Then I made these:
...and now I am just plain giddy...


Earlier in the week, I made these!
I had some extra blueberries and I always have white chocolate chips. So, when I saw this, I knew I had to make them. They were so good I got a hug from someone I work with!

Blueberry White Chocolate Blondies

2 cups brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
3 eggs
1 Tb. vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour + 1 Tb. for blueberries
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
Zest of 1 lemon
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cups blueberries (can be frozen)

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Measure both sugars and the butter and melt together until the brown sugar is mostly melted. (You can do this in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or on stovetop.)

3. Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and lemon zest together.

4. Add the melted sugar mixture and stir.

5. Then add the eggs and vanilla—stir well.

6. Press the mixture into a greased 9 X 13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the white chocolate chips over the top.

7. Then toss the blueberries with 1 tablespoon of flour and sprinkle them over the top.

8. Bake for 45-55 minutes and a toothpick comes out clean.

9. If the edges of the blondies start to get dark, loosely tent a piece of foil over the top of the pan.

...yummy, gooey, yummy, gooey, yummy, gooey...

No comments:

Post a Comment