Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Strawberry Cute-sicles (Clementine Popsicles)

There has been a lot of reading going on in the fart-box that I work at. We are extremely slow and I have officially run out of things to do. When I have stuff to do, I start at 10am and I finish at 11am (at latest). One can only clean glass so many times while there is no one getting finger prints on it.


So, I read Watchmen this week since it took Happy Hubby a very long time to read it and share the book. We both refused to watch the movie until we were both done with the book. We watched the movie and it was very well done and definitely highly recommended even though they changed the ending.




Then, being in a graphic novel mood, I read Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Boxset. This movie, we had seen. I had to read these graphic novels because the movie was so amazing. One graphic novel for each Evil Ex (6 books, 7 Evil Ex's. Read it to figure out the math.). Then I HAD to re-watch the movie because the novels were so good.




Then I read Bossypants by Tina Fey, whom I love! It's kind of aimed more towards women but I think a guy would also get a kick out of it. There is even a part where she thanks any man who buys the book and every women for not buying it but passing it to coworkers. I plan on getting the audio book for my next long journey, which I hope will be very soon.




I had an overwhelming amount of cuties in my kitchen that I did not want to go bad. I am eating them but they do not seem to be diminishing. I found a recipe to make sorbet with cuties and altered it to make popsicles. Happy Hubs said that it might just be his favorite dessert I have made? WHAT?!?!? "But it's so eeeeeeeasy!!!" as my mother-in-law would say. I also had some extra strawberries from the frozen yogurt I made and threw them in as well. For something with only 4 ingredients, I was incredibly flavorful and super refreshing! Now I am getting ideas for making this with other fruits.


Strawberry Cute-sicles 
adapted from epicurious.com


7 clementines or small tangerines (enough to make 1 1/2 cups of juice)
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
1 cup of strawberries (quartered and sliced thin)


1. Finely grate enough zest from clementines to measure 1 teaspoon. Squeeze enough juice from clementines to measure 1 1/2 cups and transfer to a bowl.

2. Bring zest, sugar, and water to a boil in a small saucepan over moderate heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Pour through a very fine sieve into clementine juice.

3. Freeze in ice-cream maker according to manufacturer's directions. Mix in strawberries by hand after the juice is done freezing. Transfer to popsicle molds (or plastic cups with popsicle sticks) and put in freezer to harden (at least 4 hours). This recipe mad about 5 popsicles.


My, what straight teeth he has...

I need to get more popsicle molds...

No comments:

Post a Comment