Monday, April 16, 2012

Mango Coconut Sherbet

I LOVE my Kitchenaid Ice Cream Maker Attachment soooooooo much. Making ice cream, however, can be a pain with the multiple creams and milks, and the scalding, and chilling, and heating, and cooling, and egg separating... It always comes out really yummy but when I find a gem of a recipe that requires just mixing and pouring, I immediately try it!

This Jessica, (not the other one that normally I steal recipes from) had the perfect simple frozen confection recipe for me. Best of all, it is from the "Ass Friendly" (BAHAHAHAHA!!!) section of her blog! I also found the Watermelon Feta Salad in the same place.



Mango Coconut Sherbet

2 cups cubed peeled ripe mango, about 3 medium mangos
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Zest of 1 lime
1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk

1. Combine cubed mango, sugar, 1 tablespoon lime juice, lime zest and coconut milk in food processor. Process until mixture is smooth, scraping sides as necessary.

2. Pour mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions to soft-serve consistency.

3. Spoon sherbet into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze 2 hours or until firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment