Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have been wrapped up in a certain trilogy of novels that may or may not have recently become a hit movie...
Now it's time to talk about this delightful burger:
Yeah, that's watermelon under that burger patty!
...and basil, and fontina, and salsa verde...
The mix of fruit with savory stuff makes me dance with pallet enhancing happiness!
Salsa Verde Burger with Fontina, Watermelon, and Basil
from A Spicy Perspective
4-6 slices of fontina cheese4-6 buns
4-6 slices of watermelon
12 large fresh basil leaves
1 cup salsa verde
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the grill to high heat.
2. Portion and form the hamburger patties, making an indention in the centers. Salt and pepper both sides of the patties.
3. Slice the watermelon into 1/3 inch slices. Use a biscuit cutter to cut watermelon circles.
4. Grill the hamburgers for 3-5 minutes per side. Add the fontina slices to the top of each patty 1 minutes before removing from the grill. Tent with foil to keep warm.
5. Toast the buns on the grill for 30-60 seconds, until char marks form.
6. Layer the bun with 2-3 large basil leaves, a watermelon circle, the patty with cheese, and top with a large spoonful of salsa verde.