Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Grilled Chorizo Stuffed Poblano Peppers

No news on the job search but I have made the decision to no longer drop off a resume in person. I look too young and I can tell that managers are passing judgement based on me looking like I am in high school. I wonder if they even read my resume after seeing me. From now on, I will let my resume speak for me until I get an interview. Maybe I should put "Mrs." before my name so they at least know I am older than I look.


In other news: Grilled Chorizo Stuffed Poblano Peppers 


Here is another recipe that I could not grill but I will keep the recipe as is because the minute I get a grill, you know I will be using it! This was so good! I wish I currently worked somewhere that I could heat up leftovers for lunch. I never get leftovers. Happy Hubby gets to enjoy those. Maybe the next job will have a microwave so i can enjoy my leftovers for lunch. Then i can stop using my Container Store cereal to-go containers so much.



Grilled Chorizo Stuffed Poblano Peppers

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, minced
4 medium cloves garlic, minced
2/3 pound raw Mexican chorizo, removed from casings
1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
2 medium roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1/3 cup Mexican crema, or sour cream
1/4 grated cotija cheese
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
4 large poblano peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese


1. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add in onion and sauté until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add in chorizo, breaking sausage into small pieces with a wooden spoon, and cook until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.

2. Add rice, tomatoes, crema, cilantro, and cotija cheese to bowl with meat mixture and mix until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

3. Spoon mixture into cavities of split poblanos and top with pepper jack cheese.

4. Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and arrange the coals on one side of the charcoal grate. Set cooking grate in place, cover gill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate. Place poblanos on cool side of grill, cover, and cook until cheese has melted and poblanos have softened, about 20-30 minutes. Remove from grill and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment