Thursday, April 19, 2012

Shaved Asparagus and Carrot Salad with a Creamy Citrus Dressing

So, it's been a not-so-fantastic week.

The business I work for is closing at the end of May (which I did know as our lease will be over). The owner had mentioned that he wanted to put me in the office when we closed and when I tried to confirm that, he said that he won't be needing me in the office anymore. So the job security I had magically disappeared. Now it's time to find a new job. Nothing on the horizon yet but I still (thankfully) have a month and a half to look. Having a new job is exciting to me but it's the process of finding one, and hoping I find one soon, and then being the new person when I find one that I do not like. I also worry that having a commitment to this job until the end of it may derail companies from wanting to hire me now since I wouldn't be able to work full time until June 1st. On the other hand, it may be reputable that I am honoring my commitment. It's too many questions and it really makes me nervous that I will not find something soon enough.

Other than that, everything is wonderful as always! So, is this salad! (Like my segue into that? I sure did!)

...ummmm...segue is hard to spell...

...and super quick and easy...

Shaved Asparagus and Carrot Salad with a Creamy Citrus Dressing

Citrus dressing
1 Tablespoon orange juice
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper, to taste

Salad
4 to 5 asparagus spears, washed and dried
1 to 2 large carrots, peeled
lettuce or salad mix

1. In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, honey and Dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.

2. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the asparagus and carrots into thin ribbons. Arrange a handful of lettuce or salad mix onto two or three small salad plates, then top with the vegetable ribbons. Drizzle each salad with dressing; serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment