Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pineapple Chorizo Burgers

heart CHORIZO

I could live off of AVOCADO

Who doesn't love PINEAPPLE?

Everything should be covered in PICO DE GALLO

PRETZEL ROLLS?...enough said...





Why hellooooooo Pineapple Chorizo Burger!
...shhhhh, I think it heard me talking about it...




Anyway, I found this recipe before I started blogging and I knew I would have to make it when i got my act together to buy pineapple and Chorizo. Now, I can't stop. Happy Hubs opened the refrigerator door and asked, "Now, what is THAT Chorizo for?" He loves it but gets confused by how it keeps appearing when he knows I just used it in something else.

...magically reappearing Chorizo? It's like someone's been reading my diary...

STAY ON COURSE SARAH! I unfortunately do not have a grill yet...sad face... But someday I will and I plan to grill the burgers, buns, and pineapple when that day comes. Therefore, I am giving you the original recipe that Sommer put on her blog without any alterations.


Pineapple Chorizo Burgers

½ lb. chorizo
1 ¼ lbs. ground pork
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
¾ tsp. salt
½ tsp. dried thyme
½ tsp. dried oregano
1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
Prepared fresh pineapple
Store-bought Pico de Gallo (I used Caputo's pico de gallo)
4-6 soft sandwich rolls (I used pretzel rolls)

I like to save time on this recipe by buying pre-made fresh salsa and pre-cut fresh pineapple! If you want to make your own salsa and trim your own pineapple–knock yourself out!

1. Preheat the grill to high heat. In a large bowl, combine the chorizo, pork, garlic, Worcestershire, salt, thyme and oregano. Work the chorizo through pork mixture. Divide the mixture into 4-6 portions, then shape it into patties.

2. Carefully slice the pineapple into ½ inch rounds.

3. Grill the patties 3 minutes per side for six, or 5 minutes per side for four patties. Next, grill the pineapple slices for 2 minutes per side. Toast the buns on the grill for 1 minute.
 
4. Remove the avocado from the peel, then slice 1/4 inch thick.

To assemble: place the patty on the bottom bun, followed by the pineapple, avocado slices, and the Pico on top. Cover with the bun and enjoy!

...stay tuned for the Not Fried Pickle recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment